The following courses must be completed prior to starting the program. Some may be in progress during the application process:
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Chemistry for Health Sciences
College Physics I and II (trigonometry or algebra based)
Legal Issues in Healthcare
Application Procedure for Professional Phase
The admissions process consists of two phases. The first phase is completing and submitting all required application materials; in the second phase, selected applicants are invited for an interview. Students admitted to the program are selected from those interviewed, with the decision based upon a point system. Items used to determine points are as follows:
- Grades: Overall GPA 2.75 on a 4.0 scale; Pre-requisite courses: minimum overall GPA 2.5, all pre-requisite courses must have a grade of “C” or better
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
Application materials should be submitted as soon as possible between July 1 of the year prior to starting the program and August 20, of the year you wish to start. The deadline to have all documents to the program (not postmarked but received) is August 20 of the year in which you wish to attend. For example, if you wish to start the professional phase of the program in the fall of 2018, you may start submitting documents as early as July 1, 2017 but all documentation must be received by the program by August 20, 2018.
- Apply to Bellarmine University and complete program application (with personal statement). These are two separate applications.
- Transfer students should send official transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions at Bellarmine University.
- Send three letters of recommendation (should come directly from persons writing recommendation to program director)
- Clinical Observation Form(s).
In order to complete clinical observations in a radiation oncology department, you must pass a criminal background check, provide a negative urine drug screen, and submit up-to-date immunization records and CPR certification. Instructions for completing the criminal background check are located on the program’s web site. Applicants must have submitted a program application and official transcripts before starting the criminal background check process. It is strongly suggested that you complete the criminal background check by September 20 in order to schedule time in one of our clinical affiliates. The clinical coordinator will schedule the observations. Clinical observations should be completed by December 15. Please review clinical observation behavior and dress code listed on the program’s web site.
Dates to remember
applicants can start submitting program admission documents
background check should be completed
clinical observations should be completed