Minority groups often face challenges in accessing appropriate and affordable financial products and services. To address that, women leaders in regional financial services will offer insight on access and equality at a Financial Inclusion Panel at Bellarmine on Wednesday, April 13.
The event is part of the W. Fielding Rubel School of Business Dean’s Executive Speaker Series.
“All would benefit from attending this event, but women considering careers and leadership opportunities in Banking and Finance, and those wanting strategies and tips to understand how to become more financially literate, would especially enjoy
this panel,” said Rubel School Dean Natasha Munshi.
Speakers will focus on three main areas, Munshi said: addressing inequities in traditional banking and financial-services industries; providing financial literacy and security for women; and breaking the glass ceiling of leadership opportunities in the
banking and finance sectors.
The panel will feature:
- Allison Ball, Treasurer of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Ashley Duncan, Vice President and Director of Inclusion and Diversity at Republic Bank and Panel Moderator
- Kimberly Halbauer, Regional President of Fifth Third Bank
- Pamela Thompson, Managing Director and Senior Wealth Advisor for Mariner Wealth Advisors
- Seema Sheth, Senior Vice President and Regional Executive at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The Financial Inclusion Panel will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Centro McGowan Hall Auditorium 001 (the Admissions Theater), with a wine and appetizer pre-event gathering beginning at 4:45 p.m.
The panel is free and open to the public, with space limited to 80 people. RSVP here
The event will also be streamed via Facebook Live and Zoom.
Photos, from left: Ball, Duncan, Halbauer, Sheth, Thompson.