In 2017, Bellarmine received grants from the James Graham Brown Foundation and the Ogle Foundation to provide paid experiences for students pursuing internships in the nonprofit and government sector in Louisville and Southern Indiana. The program, Live.Work.Lead.Serve, supports Bellarmine’s mission to deeply engage students in community while exploring and pursuing pathways to meaningful work.
To participate in LWLS, students must apply for the Live.Work.Lead.Serve. Program by January 24, 2020.
Live.Work.Lead.Serve. is open to all students from all majors addressing all social issues. Through this program, students receive the opportunity to:
- Discover an internship experience in the nonprofit or government sectors in Louisville or Southern Indiana
- 1) Work with a community partner with which you have an existing relationship
- 2) Partner with the Career Development Center or Office of Service & Leadership to pursue and secure an opportunity based on a specific interest of community need
- Work 90 hours with your organization and be paid $16/hour (up to $2,000). Standard taxes and deductions apply.
- Receive the Summer Internship Scholarship to pursue a 3-credit hour course for only $350 (value $2,715)
Undergraduate students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have earned at least 50 credit hours.
- Complete BU299 – Internship Preparation & Success (or a course equivalent PSYC299, ENGL299 or CJS 299). Sections are available in fall and spring at no cost. May sections of BU299 are available, but will cost $935.
- Must pursue the internship for academic credit through your academic department during Summer Session IV (May 26 - July 30, 2020). This ensures accountability for the internship.
- Attend three special student trainings/events throughout the program:
- March - April: Schedule 1 - 1 Appointment with Career Advisor (*So. IN award recipients must also attend Employer Field Trip, Friday, March 20, 2020 (2 - 6 p.m.)
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020: Program Cohort Orientation (9 - 11 a.m.)
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020: Midpoint Retreat (9 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- The Internship Application and Registration form for academic credit must be submitted for approval in Handshake by April 23, 2020.
If you have any questions, contact Lauren Coffey, Employer Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sarah Rohleder, Community Engagement Coordinator -- AmeriCorps VISTA, at email@example.com.