The Career Center is going virtual. Here are a few things the career center is doing to continue providing support to students, faculty, and employer partners.
- Students can still schedule a career advising appointment and we can meet via phone, email, or Teams video/audio. We will increase appointment availability over the next several weeks and will provide targeted and direct communications to all students to support their job and internship search
- Handshake has hundreds of active full-time jobs and summer internships that students can search and apply for virtually. While we have cancelled the Spring Career Fair and Summer Jobs Fair, all of these employers still have opportunities to share and they are all posted in Handshake.
- We are offering a FREE non-credit, online JOB SEARCH CLASS for seniors only. This will include most of our BU299 content to provide holistic job search support to the class of 2020.
- It’s time to celebrate what our grads are up to next! Students who have solidified their plans after graduation can share a photo and update using the hashtag #KnightsGetHired. The Career Center will still distribute Class of 2020 #KnightsGetHired t-shirts when classes resume, but we want to celebrate with our grads now!
- Students enrolled in an internship class will receive communication from the Career Center with additional information. The Career Center remains a resource to support students as they work to complete their internship experiences.
- Students employed in an on-campus job will receive communication from the Career Center through the EPIC Toolbox in Moodle. The Career Center remains a resource to support students as they seek to fulfill their employment experiences.
- We are putting an announcement in Bellarmine Today and through Paul Gore to let faculty know we are offering virtual presentations in classes. If they would like to add a resume workshop, job search workshop, or interviewing prep workshop to their online course content, we are ready to share! Email Jackie McNatt for more information.
- We are providing support to faculty sponsors for students enrolled in internship courses
- Matt Real, Lauren Coffey and Ryan Ward will be doing additional outreach to connect with employer partners to ensure they are still posting opportunities to Handshake and are ready for summer internship and job search of students.