Throughout the year, the SAC hosts transformative programs that encourage belonging, promote engagement with the campus and local community, and facilitate skill development for all Bellarmine Knights.
In a year full of social distancing, masks, and virtual environments, we know that as a returning second year student your first-year looked a little different than usual. As you think about coming back to campus, you may be nervous about in person classes, finding your way around, or being able to connect and make friends. Or maybe you are really excited to be back and want to take advantage of a way to be ready for fall and meet new people.
Re-IgKnight is a program designed just for returning second year students to help you reacclimate to campus. We will offer a variety of sessions on topics such as: Finding Engagement and Belonging on Campus, Classroom Etiquette and Meeting Faculty Expectations, Academic Support and Success Strategies, and Focusing on Wellness. You will be placed into small groups with other peers within your major or with other exploratory students. Program participants will also take part in the fun campus traditions like Wacky Olympics and Knight on Campus. Re-IgKnight will run one and a half days. If you are a residential student, you will be able to move-in early in order to participate in the program (once you are registered for the program, we will follow up with residential students about creating a move-in appointment.) The program is FREE to students and includes all meals as well as a t-shirt.
Schedule Snap Shot:
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- 11:00 am - 3:00pm: Residential Student Move-In
- 4:30 pm - 5:00pm: Re-IgKnight Check-In – Frazier Hall
- 5:00 pm - Welcome Dinner & Small Group Introductions
- 6:00 pm - Finding Your Fit through Leadership & Engagement
- 6:45 pm - Small Group Meeting
- 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm: Knight on Campus: This is a campus tradition that most of our first year students participate in, but we've added more to the party so Re-IgKnight also gets in on the fun. There will be a glow party in the SuRF with blacklight roller skating, putt-putt and volleyball. We'll have activities throughout the Quad, Centro and Frazier Hall including a Silent Disco, Breakout Rooms, Inflatables, Dogs, Arts & Crafts, etc.
- 10:00 pm: Campfire at the Siena Firepit
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
- 8:30 am Breakfast – Frazier Hall
- 9:00 am Welcome – Frazier Hall
- 9:15 am Keynote Speaker
- 10:00 am Small Group Meeting
- 10:30 am - 12:15 pm Choice of Sessions
- 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch with Faculty
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Choice of Sessions
- 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm Small group meeting, Wacky Olympics & Ice Cream Social
- 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Centro Takeover
If you have questions or would like additional information, please reach out to Jessica Lynch or Bryan Hamann.
Bellarmine Activities Council
The Bellarmine Activities Council provides entertainment and activities to Bellarmine students. BAC is made up of an Executive Board, four committees, and an Associate Board. The Executive Board serves as a resource to the co-chairs and oversees the execution of events. Two co-chairs oversee committees who plan a variety of activities for the student body throughout the year. The Associate Board works with the co-chairs to learn the specifics of their committee in order to transition into the position the following year. BAC is a great way to get involved and make your voice heard in the Bellarmine community!
President - Liv Jones
Vice President - Abby Couch
Finance - Grace Staples
Public Relations - Sarah Downs
The four committees include:
Dances and Special Events
Connect with BAC
Adventures in Leadership
Adventures in Leadership (AIL) is an opportunity for incoming students to explore their personal leadership style while learning about leadership opportunities on Bellarmine’s campus. Students who participate in AIL will travel to Agape Retreat Center for this three day, two night experience, which will be August 3 - 5. There, students will engage in outdoor activities and leadership development sessions facilitated by Bellarmine staff and student leaders.
Women in Leadership Retreat + Banquet
The annual Women in Leadership Retreat—hosted in the fall semester by a committee of student leaders—is an off-campus, overnight experience full of interactive activities designed to train students in leadership theory, provide framework for students to navigate their intersecting identities, and strengthen community bonds among women on campus in an inclusive environment.
The annual Women in Leadership Banquet—held in the spring semester—gathers woman-identifying students, faculty, staff, and alumnae from the Bellarmine Community to provide networking opportunities and celebrate the accomplishments of our women leaders.
Executive Leadership Summit
The Executive Leadership Summit, a partnership with Student Activities and Student Government, is an overnight, off-campus experience in early August that offers Registered Student Organization (RSO) Officers practical training sessions. Staff members from across campus present breakout sessions and facilitate icebreakers designed to prepare our student leaders for the upcoming school year with their RSOs.