The Pioneer Scholars program defines its mission as a navigation tool to first generation success. The mission of the program is to connect first generation students to the University through peers, mentors, programs, and resources. These connections help build confidence to engage in university life. Active participation in the program will provide opportunities for students to build a knowledge base that will empower them to progress through Bellarmine. Pioneer Scholars will promote leadership skills to pave the way for first generation student success.
Goals of Pioneer Scholars
- Facilitate a successful transition from high school to college.
- Find confidence in the college experience, establish a positive mindset, and apply knowledge to progress through Bellarmine.
- Establish confidence and pride in being a first-generation college student.
- Value leadership opportunities and become motivated to help others.
- Achieve a greater rate of persistence.