Online Tutor Application
General Job Description and Expectations
- Work with students individually or in group settings.
- Participate in tutor training every semester and attend additional mandatory monthly meetings as required throughout the semester.
- Communicate with all SSC staff and students in a timely and appropriate fashion, including responding to email and phone contacts within 24 hours.
- Employ student-centered tutoring techniques that build on the students’ knowledge and encourage them to participate and be independent in their learning.
- Maintain a positive, encouraging, and mature attitude with students.
- Comply with SSC policies for tutor conduct, confidentiality, and code of ethics.
- Meet with professors as needed to stay up-to-date on progress and course changes.
- Tutors must complete an application and agree that the SSC will check their academic transcript.
- Tutors must receive a B or higher in the courses for which they tutor.
- Tutors must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Potential tutors should have two completed Peer Tutor Recommendation Forms from a professor, supervisor, or advisor. Please send the following link to your recommender to have them complete at their earliest convenience: https://forms.office.com/r/xBAP43r7SX
All tutors will receive hourly pay, which includes pay for required training, meetings and preparation time (including meetings with professors).