Online Tutor Application
General Job Description and Expectations
- Work with students individually or in group settings.
- Participate in full day of intensive tutor training in August and January and attend additional mandatory monthly meetings as required throughout the semester. If you are required to do so, complete online training by the assigned deadline to make up for missing live training.
- Communicate with all SSC staff and students in a timely and appropriate fashion, including responding to email and phone contacts within 24 hours.
- Employ student-centered tutoring techniques that build on the students’ knowledge and encourage them to participate and be independent in their learning.
- Maintain a positive, encouraging, and mature attitude with students.
- Comply with SSC policies for tutor conduct, confidentiality, and code of ethics.
- Meet with professors as needed to stay up-to-date on progress and course changes.
- Tutors must complete an application and agree that the SSC will check their academic transcript. You will need to log in to One Bellarmine in order to fill out the application.
- Tutors must receive a B or higher in the courses for which they tutor.
- Tutors must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Potential tutors should have at least one completed Peer Tutor Recommendation Form from a professor, supervisor, or advisor. Please send the following link to your recommender to have them complete at their earliest convenience: https://bellarmine.wufoo.com/forms/peer-tutor-recommendation-form/
All tutors will receive hourly pay, which includes pay for required training, meetings and preparation time (including meetings with professors).