University of Kentucky
B.A. 1981 Art
B.F.A. 1982 Sculpture, Installation, and Painting
M.F.A. 1985 Wood Sculpture and Painting
2006-09 St. Judes Hospital, (Annually)
Vieux Fort, ST. LUCIA, Artist in Residence, One Week Workshops
1992-09 Bellarmine University
Louisville, Kentucky, Professor, Chair - Department of Art.
1996 Shantou Ministry of Education
Summer Shantou, CHINA, Lecturer, Department of English.
1994 Nanping Teachers College
Summer Jianyang, CHINA, Lecturer, Department of English.
1991 University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky, Adjunct, Hite School of Art.
1989-91 Kenyatta University
Nairobi, KENYA, Assistant Professor, College of Art.
1989-90 Makerere University
Kampala, UGANDA, External Examiner, School of Art.
1988-89 University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky, Adjunct, College of Fine Arts.
1987-88 Esalwa Secondary School
Luanda, KENYA, through Harvard University World Teach,
Instructor, English, Art and History/Government.
1985 University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky, Teaching Assistant, College of Fine Arts.
COURSES TAUGHT SINCE TENURE APPLICATION
Fall 1995 to May 2006
IDC 100 Freshman Focus
ART 101 Beginning Drawing and Composition
ART 102 Advanced Drawing and Composition
ART 201 Art History - Ancient to Medieval
ART 211 Two-Dimensional Design Course Revised
ART 230 Three-Dimensional Design
ART 298 Art History - History of Photography New Course Developed
ART 303 Painting I
ART 304 Painting II
ART 307 Painting III Course Revised
ART 309 Painting IV Course Revised
ART 313 Beginning Figure Drawing
ART 314 Advanced Figure Drawing
ART 410 Senior Portfolio New Course Developed
ART 411 Senior Project
ART 423 Independent Study
ART 444 Internship I
ART 445 Internship II
McGrath Art Gallery Director, 1992-2006, eight to ten exhibitions annually
COURSES TAUGHT - DURING CAREER
Ancient to Medieval Art History (Bellarmine)
Color Theory (University of Kentucky)
Drawing and Composition I (University of Kentucky, Kenyatta University, Bellarmine)
Drawing and Composition II (Bellarmine)
Drawing and Composition III (Kenyatta University)
Figure Drawing - Beginning (Kenyatta University, Bellarmine)
Figure Drawing - Advanced (Bellarmine)
Freshman Focus (Bellarmine)
History of Photography (Bellarmine)
Independent Study (Bellarmine, Kenyatta University)
Multi-Media Crafts II (Kenyatta University)
Multi-Media Crafts III (Kenyatta University)
Painting I (Kenyatta University, University of Kentucky, Bellarmine)
Painting II (Kenyatta University, Bellarmine)
Painting III (Kenyatta University, Bellarmine)
Painting IV (Kenyatta University, Bellarmine)
Painting V (Kenyatta University)
Painting VI (Kenyatta University)
Painting VII (Kenyatta University)
Senior Project (Bellarmine)
Senior Seminar/Portfolio (University of Kentucky, Kenyatta University, Bellarmine)
Two Dimensional Design (University of Louisville, Bellarmine)
Three Dimensional Design (University of Kentucky, University of Louisville, Bellarmine)
Conversational English (Esalwa Secondary School, Nanping Teachers College
Shantou Ministry of Education)
Single Student Contracted Courses
MEDIA COVERED DURING TEACHING
oil paint acrylic paint natural pigments polymer water color gouache charcoal conte’ crayon
video pen and ink graphite colored pencil technical pens pastels leather work
chalk found objects wood calligraphy pens photography electrical wiring electric motors
plaster stone papier mache’ computer graphics video sumi brush & ink metal
OPERATIONAL PROFICIENCY WITH THE FOLLOWING
band saw table saw miter saw joiner drill press
radial arm saw chain saw masonry saw planer metal grinder
arc welder oxyacetylene welder mig welder sander hammer drill
35mm (photo) 16mm (film) Super 8 (film) 1/2” (video)
3/4” (video) High 8 (video) digital (video) digital (photo)
SCHOLARSHIP - SOLO EXHIBITIONS
2005 Amyx Gallery, Sculpture, New Castle, KY U.S.A.
Hidden Hill Gallery, Sculpture, Utica, IN, U.S.A.
2003 Amyx Gallery, Stone Sculpture, New Castle, KY U.S.A.
Bittners, Garden Temples, Louisville, KY U.S.A.
2002 Hidden Hill Gallery, New Works, Utica, IN, U.S.A.
2000 Bellarmine University, Eight Years of Inquiry, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1999 Centro Cultural de la Municipalidad de Miraflores, Retratos De La Noche, Lima, PERU
1998 Laterna Magica Photogallery, Yolla, Helsinki, FINLAND
1997 Harlan Gallery, Seton Hill College, Take Out, Greensburg, PA, U.S.A.
1996 Brownsboro Gallery, Auspicious Consumption, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1995 Fujian Polytechnic, Caren Cunningham - Photographs, Fuzhou, CHINA
Krantz Gallery, Wood Sculptures, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Artswatch, Natural Narrative, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1994 Nanping Teachers College, Untitled, Jianyang, CHINA
1993 Brownsboro Gallery, The Collections, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
The Foyer Gallery, Recent Paintings, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
McGrath Gallery, A Smorgasbord ‘n’ More, Bellarmine University, Louisville, U.S.A.
1992 Huff Gallery, About the Night, Spalding University, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1991 Covi Gallery, A Sculpture Installation, University of Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1990 British Cultural Center, Vitu Vingi, Nairobi, KENYA
1989 Traveling Studio Exhibition, Lexington, New York, Boston, U.S.A.
1985 Center For Contemporary Art, Masters Thesis Exhibition, Lexington, KY, U.S.A.
1984 Parsla Berzin Gallery, Landscapes, New York, NY, U.S.A.
Camera Dell Arte, Dogs, Birds, Girls with Knives, Centre College, Danville, KY, U.S.A.
Rasdall Gallery, Mostly Heads, Lexington, KY, U.S.A.
SCHOLARSHIP - SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2009 Enid - Sculpture Exhibition, Pyro Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
2008 Kunst in Dar Stadt (Art in the City), Visiting Artist Program, Mainz GERMANY
2008 Faculty Staff Exhibition, Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
2008 Crescent Hill 2008 Annual Photo contest, Juried, Four Awards, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
2007 Enid Sculpture Exhibition, Patio Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
2005 The Art of the Garden, Invitational, Artique Gallery, Cincinnati, OH U.S.A.
Focus on the Street, Invitational, Belknap Gallery, University of Louisville, U.S.A.
2004 Sculpture Inside Outside I, Hidden Hill Gallery, Utica, IN U.S.A.
Sculpture Inside Outside II, Spalding University, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Hidden Hill Gallery Artists, Group Exhibition, Utica, IN U.S.A.
Insects, Invitational, Bernheim Forest Gallery, KY U.S.A.
2003 Hidden Hill Gallery Artists, Group Exhibition, Utica, IN U.S.A.
2002 91st Water Tower Annual, Juried, Award, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY, U.S.A.
(Juror: Colin McGookin, internationally exhibited artist, Belfast, North Ireland)
2001 Inequitable Conditions, Curated Nationally, Gallery for the Arts, Mt. Sterling, KY, U.S.A.
(Curator of Contemporary Art: Julien Robson, J.B. Speed Art Museum)
Inequitable Conditions, Curated, Morehead State University, KY U.S.A.
2000 The Art of Those Who Teach, Invitational, Kentucky Art & Craft Gallery, KY, U.S.A.
Before & After: The Impact of 75 years of Children’s Free Art Classes, Louisville Visual Art Association, Louisville, KY U.S.A.
1999 Enid - Generations of Women Sculptors, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY, U.S.A.
In Three Dimensions, Invitational, Zephyr Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Crescent Hill Garden Tour, Invitational, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1998 Gallery Director Show, Invitational, Brownsboro Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Fusion>Art=Technology 2, Invitational, Bank One Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Alumni Show, Ballard High School Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1997 Riversticks, Invitational, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY, U.S.A.
Alumni Show, PNC Bank Lexington, The Downtown Gallery, KY, U.S.A.
1995 Kentucky Women Artists, Curated, University of Kentucky Art Museum, KY, U.S.A.
(Curator: Harriet Fowler, Director, University of Kentucky Art Museum)
1994 Paperworks, Invitational, Mainz Art Museum, GERMANY
The Horse, Invitational, Brownsboro Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1994 Members Show, Artswatch Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1993 Kazi Mingi, Zanzibar Roots Gallery, Zanzibar, TANZANIA
Art On The Spot, Invitational, Zephyr Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Members Show, Artswatch Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Loco-Motion, Invitational, Kentucky Art & Craft Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Salvage Arts, Invitational, Kentucky Art & Craft Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1992 Members Show, Artswatch Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
Mail Box Art Show, Invitational, Kentucky Art & Craft Gallery, Louisville, KY U.S.A.
Black Velvet Art Show, Artswatch Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
82nd Water Tower Annual, Juried, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY, U.S.A.
(Juror: Peter Bodnar II, Professor of Art, University of Illinois)
1991 Members Show, Artswatch Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
81st Water Tower Annual, Juried, Award, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY, U.S.A.
(Juror: Katherine T. Carter, Artist, Lecturer, Writer,Consultant, New York City)
Lexington Arts Juried Visual Arts Exhibition, Public Library Gallery, KY U.S.A.
1990 Runojen ja Rojojen Tie, (The Road of Poems and Borders), Jonensuu, FINLAND
1989 39th Annual Mid-States Craft Exhibition, Museum of Art and Science, Evansville, IN U.S.A.
(Juror: Michael Monroe, Renwick Gallery, Smithsonian Institution)
Almost Functional, Invitational, Kentucky Art and Craft Gallery, Louisville, KY, U.S.A.
1988 Thanatopsis-Contemporary Expressions of Funerary Art, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY U.S.A.
Faculty Exhibition - University of Kentucky, Center for Contemporary Art, Lexington, KY
1985 Dogs and Bathers, 3-person show, Artsplace, Lexington, KY, U.S.A.
Midwest Graduate Exhibition, Artlink Contemporary Artspace, Fort Wayne, IN, U.S.A.
(Juror: William Struve, Frumbkin Struve Gallery, Chicago)
Basketball Themes, Invitational, Center for Contemporary Art, University of Kentucky,
Lexington, KY, U.S.A.
1984 People and Pets, National Invitational, Louisville Art Gallery, KY, U.S.A.
1984 74th Water Tower Annual, Juried, Louisville Visual Art Association, KY, U.S.A.
(Juror: Ted Potter, Director, Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art,
37th Annual Mid States Art Exhibition, Evansville Museum of Art and Science, IN, U.S.A
(Juror: David, Pease, Dean of Yale University School of Art)
1983 Self Portrait Show, Chroma Zone Gallery, Denver, CO, U.S.A.
Outsiders Show, Pirate Gallery, Denver, CO, U.S.A.
Second Annual Small Art Show, Core Gallery, Denver, CO, U.S.A.
1982 Eight-State Annual: Painting, Juried, J.B. Speed Art Museum, Louisville, KY U.S.A.
(Juror: Suzanne Hillberry, Gallery Owner, Birmingham, Michigan)
SCHOLARSHIP - REVIEWS
REVIEWS and/or PRESS
Mainzer Rhein-Zeitung Newspaper, Mainz, GERMANY 2008
Der Mainzer Magazine, Mainz, GERMANY 2008
Angelo - Kentuckiana’s Art Magazine, Louisville, KY 2008
Louisville Eccentric Observer Magazine, Louisville, KY, U.S.A. 1993, 1996, 2002, 2004, 2007
The Courier Journal Newspaper, Louisville, KY, U.S.A. 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996,1999, 2007
WHAS Radio, Louisville, KY 2005
Louisville Eccentric Observer Magazine, Louisville, KY, U.S.A. 1993, 1996, 2002, 2004
WHAS Channel 11 Television, Louisville, KY 2000, 2002
El Sol Newspaper, Lima, PERU 1999
Gestion Newspaper, Lima, PERU 1999
CMC Cultural Channel Television, Lima, PERU 1999
El Comercio Newspaper, Lima, PERU 1999
El Peruano Newspaper, Lima, PERU 1999
Helsingin Sanomat Newspaper, Helsinki, FINLAND 1998
Weekly Review, News Magazine, KENYA 1993
WHAS Channel 11 Television, Louisville, KY 1993
Studio Magazine, Tel Aviv, ISRAEL 1991
The Daily Nation Newspaper, Nairobi, KENYA 1990
SCHOLARSHIP - PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
Mainz City Hall, Mainz, GERMANY
Allen Ginsberg, Poet, Estate of, New York City
Sallie Bingham, Writer, Santa Fe, NM
Dr. Richard Leakey Jr., Archeologist, Nairobi, KENYA
Jak Katarikawe, Painter, Kampala, UGANDA
Allen & Elizabeth Winchester, Attorneys, New York City
Drs. Anna & David Obura, Nairobi, KENYA
Dafna Yoran, District Attorney-Prosecutor, New York City
Carl & Stephanie Wedekind, Philanthropists, Louisville
Varpu Lindroos, Attorney/Judge, Helsinki, FINLAND
Eric Roy, Banker, Nairobi, KENYA
Chen Sheng Ri, Professor, Fuzhou, CHINA
Christy Brown, Philanthropist, Louisville, Kentucky
Monica Brady, WBUR Radio Correspondent, Boston
Patricia Arnillas, Production Designer, New York City
Darrel Morris, Artist, Chicago
Lynn Winter, Restaurateur, Lynn’s Paradise Cafe, Louisville
Technical Research Center of Finland, Helsinki, FINLAND
Norma Rodriquez, Actor, Lima, PERU
Ana de Orbegoso, Photographer, Lima, PERU
Luis Lama, Art Critic, Lima, PERU
Dr. Morton & Ann Kasden, Louisville
Commonwealth Bank, Louisville
Bob Hill, Journalist, Louisville
Lois Matus, CEO, Brown Foreman Corp., Louisville
SCHOLARSHIP - FUNDED RESEARCH
Kentucky Foundation for Women Grant 1992, Co-authored 2005
Bellarmine University Sabbatical Fall 2004
Bellarmine University Collegium Travel Grant 1994, 1999
Bellarmine University Faculty Summer Stipend, Bellarmine College 1996, 1998, 2003 (Recalled)
Virginia Center for the Creative Arts-Artist Colony Residency Grant 1992
SCHOLARSHIP - INSTALLATIONS
2003-08 Amyx Gallery, New Castle, KY U.S.A.
(six stone sculptures residing throughout the year)
2001-08 Hidden Hill, Utica, IN,
(five stone sculptures residing throughout the year)
2002 Glassworks, Louisville
(sculpture bike rack, three permanent outdoor stone sculptures)
2001 Hidden Hill Gallery, Utica, IN, U.S.A.
(eight stone sculptures residing throughout year)
2000 Crescent Hill Library, Louisville
(one-month exhibition of nine framed photographs)
1998 UPS Executive Headquarters, Louisville
(two-month installation of ten framed photographs)
1997 Crescent Hill Library, Louisville
(one-month exhibition of nine paintings)
1993 Zephyr Gallery, Louisville
(one-month installation of 15’ mixed media sculpture)
1992 Louisville Visual Art Association Gallery
(one-year-plus installation of Wall Y’all wood sculpture)
1984 Center for the Performing Arts, Stage Design - Amber Moon Productions, Lexington
(stage design which included four 3’ x 4’ paintings)
1981 Commissioned, Coca Cola Corporation, Elizabethtown, KY
(outdoor 8’ x 15’ wall hanging using soft drink cans)
80-82 University of Kentucky, Canart, Lexington
(outdoor wall hangings ranging in size from 8’ x 12’ to 5’ x 21’ using cans)
SCHOLARSHIP - SELECTED INTERNET LISTINGS
SERVICE - PROFESSION/DISCIPLINE
• Member, American Association of University Women, 2007-2009
• Member, College Art Association, 1993-2008
• Member, American Association of University Professors, 2005-2008
• Member, Crane House Asian Cultural Institute, 1994-2009
• Member, J.B. Speed Art Museum 1992-2009
• Member, College Art Association New York City 1991- 2006
• President/Founding Member, Enid, Generations of Women Sculptors 1997- 2009
• Gallery Artist, Hidden Hill Gallery, Utica, IN 2001-2006
• Gallery Artist, Amyx Art Gallery, New Castle, KY 2003-2006
• Member, International Sculpture Center 2005-2006
• External Program Reviewer, Kentucky Wesleyan College 2005
• Gallery Artist, Louisville Visual Art Association Gallery 1991-2001
• Member, American Association of Woodturners 2001
• Gallery Artist, Brownsboro Gallery, Louisville, KY 1993-1999
• Gallery Artist, Art Jones Gallery, Cincinnati, OH 1988-1989
• Gallery Artist, J.B. Speed Art Museum Rental Purchase Gallery 1985-1988
SERVICE - BELLARMINE
• Contributor, Ariel 2001-2006
• Member, Campus Safety Committee 2000-2006
• Scholarship Interviews - Annually
• Late-Night Breakfasts - Annually
• SOAR - Annually
• Preview Days - Annually
• Art Department Liasion, ACCESS 1992-2005
• Art Advisor to the College, Installed artwork at five campus sites 1992-2004
• Designer, Commuter Center Kitchen for Student Center 2004
• Member, Arts & Sciences Personnel Committee 2001-2003
• Member, Rank & Tenure Committee 1999-2001
• Member, Arts & Sciences Dean Search Committee 2001
• Member, Student Affairs Judicial Review Panel (as needed)
• Member, Alternative Core Committee 1999-2000
• Member, Awards & Honors Subcommittee 1999-2000
• Member, Student Affairs Committee 1993-1999
• Member, Faculty Development Subcommittee 1998-1999
• Member, Arts Administration Committee 1997-1999
• Presenter, Faculty Forum 1997, 1999
• Leader, Ropes Course 1997-1998
• Member, Library Art Committee 1997-1998
committee of four which purchased $85,000.00 of regional artwork
• Member, ThinkFast Steering Committee 1993-1997
• Group Co-Leader of Bellarmine Students, EF Educational Tours - Egypt 1996
• Member, Bremen Scholars 1992-1996
• Recruiter, Annual Portfolio Days, Louisville Visual Art Association and Manuel
School of the Visual Arts 1992-1996
• Member, Women’s Studies Minor, Ad-hoc Committee 1995
• Member, Women’s History Month Steering Committee 1994-1995
• Pitcher, Bellarmine Biohazards Softball Team 1994, 1995
• Player, Homecoming Faculty/Student Basketball Game 1995
• Presenter, International Travelogue 1994, 1995
• Advisor, Seeds of Change Smithsonian Exhibition, McGrath Gallery, 1994-1995
• Presenter, Bellarmine Bound Day 1994, 1995
• Member, President’s Round Table 1994
• Presenter, Summer Study & Travel Information Session 1994
• Volunteer, Bellarmine Choral Program 1992-1994
• Member, Foreign Language Task Force 1993-1994
• Member, Collegium Subcommittee, New Faculty Orientation 1993-1994
• Guest Lecturer, Human Sexuality Course, Senior Seminars 1992-1994
• Faculty Advisor, Art Club 1992-1994
• Presenter, Student Affairs, “Faculty Show & Tell” 1993
• Member, Collegium Subcommittee: Faculty Retreat 1992-1993
SERVICE - DEPARTMENT
• Chair, Art Department 1996-2006
• Academic Advisor to all Art Majors and Minors 1994-2006
• Authored all Departmental Documents 1992-2006
including the SACS Review - Art Department Self-Study
• Organizer, Art Department Open House 1994-2002
• Department Representative, Metroversity Art Committee 1992-1996
• Web Developer for Art Department website 2002-2006
SERVICE - COMMUNITY
• Juror, Bernheim International Artist Fellowship 2006
• Mural Painter, Childrens Ward of Hospital Regional De Zacapa, GUATEMALA 2006
• Crescent Hill Community Council Member 2003-2006
• Board Member (currently serving as chair), Exceptional Equitation 2001-2006
• Alumni Regional Interviewer, Harvard University World Teach 2000-2006
• Mural Painter, Staff Room, St. Lukes Hospital, vieux Fort, ST. LUCIA 2005
• Juror, Eastern High School Annual Art Contest, 2003, 2004
• Donator, 500 pounds of Science and English textbooks to Hanoi Institute of Technology, VietNam 2003
• Coordinator, Louisville Visual Art Association, Children’s Free Art Classes, Bellarmine Site 1995-2002
• Juror, LEO Magazine Photography Contest 2001
• Juror, Sacred Heart Academy’s Annual Student Art Exhibition 1993-2001
• Juror, National Scholastics Art Competition, Louisville Entries 1993, 1994, 1999, 2000
• Board member, Louisville Visual Art Association 1993-1999
• Mentor, Artist n’ Me, Ky Foundation for Women & The Kyiana Girl Scouts (semester long, weekly) 1998
• Board member, Kentucky Foundation for Women 1994-1997
• Juror, Buechel Women's Club Annual Art Competition 1996
• Presenter, Governor's School for the Arts Portfolio Outreach Workshop 1996
• Panelist, Speed Art Museum Advisory Panel-Education 1996
• Guest Lecturer, Governor’s School for the Arts 1988, 1994, 1995
• Juror, Annual Student Show, Jefferson Community College 1995
• Float Designer & Painter, Pegasus Parade, Derby City Mustangs Wheelchair Athletic Club 1995
• Presenter, Kentucky Foundation for Women, Women’s Expo 1995
• Guest Lecturer, Art History, Jefferson Community College 1995
• Volunteer, Louisville Visual Arts Network & Heart to Heart Annual Fund Raiser 1995
• Guest Lecturer, Louisville Visual Art Association, “Artists’ Adventures” 1994
• Review Committee, Sacred Heart Academy, Southern Association of Schools & Colleges Evaluation 1994
• Lecturer, Elderhostels 1994
• Photographer, The Record (newspaper), Bob Lockhart in El Salvador article 1994
• Juror, Schrodt Art Studio Annual Show, Louisville, KY 1994
• Elvis, Pegasus Parade, WRKA Marching Elvis Brigade 1994
• Replacement Lecturer, University of Louisville, covered classes two weeks for hospitalized sculpture professor 1993
• Presenter, Iroquois Middle School Students At Risk 1993
• Juror, Indiana University Southeast Annual Student Exhibition 1993
• Volunteer, J.B. Speed Art Museum Outreach Program 1993
• Lecturer, New Albany High School Talent Talks, “Arts Professions” 1993
• Juror, Kentucky Water Color Society Annual Member Show 1992
• Juror, Governor’s School for the Arts Application portfolios 1992
SERVICE - COMMUNITY - ART DONATIONS
• Louisville Visual Art Association Traveling Education Sculpture Crate 2000-2005
• Guatemala Fundraiser, 2004
• Farm Family Fundraiser, Chair, Wendell Berry, 2004
• Louisville Visual Art Association Annual Art Auction 1991-2002
• Channel 15 Annual Art Auction 1994, 1995
• Artswatch Gallery Art Auction 1991, 1992, 1994
• Bellarmine College Art Auction Library Fundraiser 1993
SERVICE - PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & ACTIVITIES
Conference Attendee: 20th International Sculpture Center Conference, Cincinnati, 2006
Conference Attendee: Louisville Visual Art Association, Call to Conversation and Action, 2005
Symposium Attendee: Redrawing the Visual Landscape, The Speed Art Museum & Sutherland Foundation, Louisville, 2004
Workshop Attendee: The Future of the Speed Art Museum 2002
Conference Attendee: College Art Association annual meetings attended: Washington D.C. 1991, Chicago 1992,
Seattle 1993, New York 1994, 1997, 2000
Workshop Attendee: “Non-Toxic Printmaking Methods,” Seton Hill College, Greensburg, PA 1995
Workshop Attendee: Improving College Teaching with Bill Cashin, Bellarmine College 1995
Travel: Crane House, Teaching Exchange Program, Fujian Province, CHINA 1994
Travel: Bellarmine College Delegation to Calle Real, EL SALVADOR 1994
Workshop Attendee: Internet, Bellarmine College 1994
Conference Attendee: Kentucky Arts Council Annual Conference 1994
Workshop Attendee: Council of Independent Colleges, Collaborative Learning, Raleigh, NC 1993
Conference Attendee: “Art & Science,” The Chicago Academy of Sciences, Chicago 1993
Travel: Six-week self-guided research in EGYPT, KENYA, UGANDA and TANZANIA 1993
Conference Attendee: “Changing Curricula/Changing Practice: World Cultures and General Education,”
Univ. of Chicago Center for Continuing Studies 1992
Conference Attendee: “Drawing On Culture,” Kenya Education Bureau, Nairobi 1989
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
1990 Signature Magazine Kenya (Diners Club International), Photographer and Writer, Nairobi, KENYA
1986-87 Metropolitan Museum of Art, Inventory Management, Art Books Department,
(40,000 titles-World's Largest Art Bookstore) New York City
1986 Sam Flax Art Supplies, Commercial Sales Department, New York City
1986 Ungaro, Haute Couture, Dresser, New York City
1988 Art Historical Tour Guide, Cemetery Monuments-Cave Hill Cemetery
Louisville Visual Art Association
1984 Gallery Director, Center for Contemporary Art, University of Kentucky, Lexington
1983 Gallery Director, Barnhart Gallery, University of Kentucky, Lexington