Credit for Prior Learning
Bellarmine values the life experience you bring to our university. You can earn up to 60 credit hours for prior and experiential learning. There are many Prior Learning credit options, in addition to any transfer and dual credit you may have earned. Our advising staff will review any standardized tests you may have taken like CLEP, DSST or FLATS to determine if your scores can be used to opt out of certain courses.
Prior Learning Portfolios: Earn up to 30 credits for learning you’ve developed through professional, military, volunteer, training and other life experiences. We offer Degree Completion students a course to help with portfolio development.
Former Bellarmine students may discover that streamlined changes to our graduation and credit requirements will help make it faster to earn a bachelor's degree.
Student Support and Services
You can do this, and we’ll be there to help you each step of the way! Whether you enroll full-time or simply take a class, degree completion students receive all of the benefits of joining the Bellarmine Community:
- Through our OnCourse program, the cost of textbooks and other class materials is included in tuition
- Personalized and professional advising to help you map out your individual academic plan.
- Academic support through the Student Success Center including tutoring and writing centers.
- Free counseling and health services with flexible hours, face-to-face and online, including free health care video visits with Norton Healthcare
- Access to all campus resources such as the SuRF Recreational Center, Library, Office of Health Services and Disability Services.
- Exceptional professional development services through the Career Development Center, including personal career counseling; one-on-one and group information sessions; a robust Alumni mentorship program; and access to employers through job listings, career fairs, internships and other opportunities.
- A dedicated Office of Military and Veteran Services ranked among the best in the region.
- Free Microsoft Office accounts: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others