The “Launch to PT: Early Assurance Program” (LEAP) is designed for high school seniors admitted to Bellarmine University who intend to pursue admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) immediately following their undergraduate pursuit. Students admitted to the LEAP program matriculate as undergraduate students at Bellarmine University and can apply for the DPT program either the summer prior to Junior year or the summer prior to Senior year of undergraduate coursework. Upon completion of all application requirements and meeting all standards for DPT admission, students are enrolled in the DPT program. In order to be eligible to apply for the program, students must first be admitted to Bellarmine University. The average student accepted for this program has a cumulative un-weighted GPA of at least 3.75 and an ACT of 28 (or SAT of 1250). A committee will review the applications and select students for the program.
The annual deadline for LEAP applications is April 1.
Once accepted into LEAP, requirements for undergraduate LEAP students to apply to the DPT program include:
- Cumulative GPA 3.0
- Prerequisite GPA 3.25
- Fulfill all PTCAS application requirements
- Letters of recommendation
- At least 25 hours of observation in a variety of physical therapy settings
- Sufficient completion of prerequisite courses (please work directly with your advisor or graduate admissions to determine this)
- Successful interview as determined by the admissions committee
The following is expected:
- Pre-Physical Therapy Club membership and active participation
- Consultation with the Career Development Center re: interview preparation, including participation in mock interview.
Please direct LEAP admission questions to Chris Kircher at 502.272.8127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct Doctor of Physical Therapy program admission questions to Jordan Wiehebrink at 502.272.8245 or email@example.com.