Admission to the master’s program requires approval by the
Admission, Progression and Graduation Committee. Admission
of applicants is based upon the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited program with exposure to
health issues, demonstrated through substantial undergraduate coursework
in health science or a close related discipline including Exercise Science,
Psychology, Public Health, Biology, Education, or after an interview
- Completed application at ahcas.liaisoncas.com (unless Bellarmine alumni).
- Bellarmine alumni should apply at www.bellarmine.edu/applynow
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate course
work. (Transcripts must be mailed directly from previous institution(s)
to Allied Health Centralized Application Service).
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Three professional references. Recommendations from friends, other students,
or co-workers are not appropriate. The strongest recommendations
are from managers, directors, professors or others in a supervisory capacity.
- Goal statement.
- Resume describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer experiences.
- An interview with graduate faculty members may also be required.
- Additional information is required from international applicants.
Please complete the items under Procedure
for Admission and submit the
Language Proficiency is required to ensure that international students within the department are able to communicate with diverse populations. The department accepts one of the following as evidence of required language proficiency for students for whom English is a second language or who have a degree from an international institution:
- TOEFL-iBT (internet-based test) and receive a total score of 83 or higher AND a score of 26 or higher on the speaking test OR
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and receive a total band score of 7 or higher AND a speaking band score of 8 or higher OR
- Successful completion of Language training at an approved center. Bellarmine University recognizes the following standards and centers: English Language Services level 112 (http://www.els.edu/en); Interlink Level 5 (http://interlink.edu/); Intensive English Program at Indiana University Level 6 (http://iep.indiana.edu/): and other centers may be approved at the discretion of the Admissions, Progression & Graduation Committee of the Department of Nursing.
International students who are exempt from language proficiency requirements are the following:
- Students who are citizens of or have completed a degree from a TOEFL exempt country.
- Students who have a secondary or high school diploma earned in TOEFL exempt countries.
- International students who have completed at least one year of full time university study or its equivalent (i.e., a minimum of 24 earned credit hours or its equivalent and earned a 2.0 GPA) in a TOEFL exempt country.
Only official score reports will be accepted.
Financial Affidavit. All applicants must provide
a financial affidavit certifying the ability
to fund the cost of attending Bellarmine
University for one academic year. Figures
must be expressed in United States currency.