Welcome to the School of Movement and Rehabilitation Sciences
Thank you for your interest in the School of Movement and Rehabilitation Sciences (SMRS) at Bellarmine. The SMRS is an integral part of the College of Health Professions which has produced some of the most accomplished clinicians and leaders in the region. Excellent teaching, learning, research, and community engagement are trademark characteristics of the Bellarmine difference.
Degrees in our undergraduate programs include Exercise Science and Sports Administration provide students career opportunities in health, wellness and fitness industries, sports performance, event and facility management, coaching, athletic administration, research and more. Both programs also have matriculation plans for early-entry into our Doctor of Physical Therapy programs.
Bellarmine's student-centered faculty are highly-qualified and enjoy widespread among local and regional partners. DPT faculty are among the best in country, including many (over 60%) who hold advanced ABPTS Board certifications or fellowship training in musculoskeletal/orthopedics, geriatrics, neurological and pediatric physical therapy.
Students participate in activities that build world-class field experience:
- Experiential hands-on service-learning with unique on-campus and off-campus opportunities
- State-of-the-art classroom, clinic and laboratory facilities
- Exceptional internship and clinical training opportunities
- International study abroad learning opportunities in Australia, Belize, Dominican Republic, and Guatemala
- Active faculty-student collaborative scholarly/research and community-based projects
- Post-graduate, post-professional residency training in accredited residencies in Neurological and Geriatric Physical Therapy
We are no longer accepting applications for the Master of Science in Athletic Training