- Acceptance to Bellarmine University
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5
- Completion of required prerequisite courses for the specific program (under Degree Requirements see Suggested Program of Study with minimum grade requirements).
- Language Proficiency: The Admission, Progression and Graduation Committee requires an official TOEFL iBT or IELTS score for verification of language proficiency for applicants: a) who were born outside the US, b) for whom English is a second language, or c) who have a degree or transcripts from a non-US institution. Applicants must earn a total score of 83 or higher and a speaking score of 26 or higher on the TOEFL iBT or earn a total band score of 7 or higher AND a speaking band score of 8 or higher on the IELTS to meet the language proficiency requirement. Only official score reports will be accepted. The Admission, Progression and Graduation Committee reserves the right to require a TOEFL or IELTS from any applicant. The official score should be sent to both Allied Health CAS and Bellarmine University. Students may petition to alternatively use one of the following to document English-language proficiency: a) Language training at an approved center; b) Prior educational experiences in a TOEFL Exempt Country; or c) satisfactory scores on the SAT or ACT. See applicable Undergraduate or Graduate International Student’s Admission Requirements in the Bellarmine Course Catalog for specific criteria.
- A personal interview, if requested by the program admission committee.
Additional requirements for students enrolling in the AS to BHS degree program:
- Completion of an accredited advanced-level respiratory care program.
- Earned Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential.
- Proof of RCP licensure.