Submit Your Honors Program Application Today
To be considered for admission in Fall 2019, please submit your Honors Program application by March 1, 2019.
The Bellarmine University Honors Program provides qualified, motivated students of all majors and backgrounds with the opportunity to achieve at the highest possible level while forming lifelong friendships with others who share their love for learning. The program offers a range of practical, social, cultural, and intellectual benefits, including the following:
- small, discussion-oriented seminars that enable students to develop higher-order skills in self-expression, critical thinking, information fluency, and problem-solving.
- the in-depth process of researching and writing the Senior Honors Thesis, a scholarly, creative, or applied project that provides invaluable preparation for graduate and professional school, and that is a useful credential for any career path a student might choose to pursue.
- cultivation of greater intercultural awareness through foreign language study, relevant field work, and/or Honors courses that feature travel abroad.
- social, cultural, and service activities and events both on and off campus through which students form strong connections with each other, with Bellarmine, and with the larger community.
- the chance to interact with distinguished visiting lecturers, scholars, and professionals in small group settings.
- specialty housing in a study-friendly environment.
The Bellarmine University Honors Program is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council, the Southern Regional Honors Council, and the Kentucky Honors Roundtable and can be found in Peterson’s Guide to Honors Programs and Colleges.