First-generation students who participate in the Pioneer Scholars program are eligible to apply to be upperclassmen Peer Mentors during their sophomore, junior, and senior years at Bellarmine! This position allows students to help others, develop their leadership skills and organization skills, and be exposed to professional development topics and standards. Applications and interviews to be hired are held every spring.
Goals of the Pioneer Scholars Program for Staff
- Demonstrate confidence in leadership abilities.
- Enhance problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Develop effective and respectful communication strategies with peers, supervisors, and mentees.
- Value civic engagement and outreach initiatives to promote higher education opportunities in the community.
- Foster a supportive and empathetic environment toward individuals with varying beliefs, values, and backgrounds.