The Bellarmine University Testing Center strives to provide a comfortable, secure and accessible testing environment for Bellarmine University students to help them perform to the best of their academic ability. The Bellarmine University Testing Center is recognized as a Certified Test Center by the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and subscribes to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Who can use the Testing Center?
We offer exam proctoring services in the Student Success Center (SSC) Testing Center for any student who meets at least one of the following criteria:
- A student with documented testing accommodations from the Accessibility Resource Center Office.
- A student who misses a test due to participation in a university-sponsored event. University- sponsored events include, but are not limited to, athletic or academic events and/or conferences.
- Students serving as active military or reserve military personnel who miss a test due to being activated for duty.
- Activated military personnel spouses caring for minor dependents who miss a test due to an increase in family-related responsibilities in their spouse’s absence.
- Students wishing to use the Testing Center are responsible for reserving a testing spot at least five days prior to each test. See below about students with accommodations and students traveling on official university business (including student-athletes) or experiencing scheduling conflicts related to active military duty.
Who is not allowed to use the Testing Center?
A student who misses a test but does not meet one of the criteria above (e.g., for illness*, family event, personal travel) should make arrangements with the faculty to take the test outside of class.
*If a student misses a test because they are ill with COVID-19 or quarantining due to COVID-19, they may be allowed to use the Testing Center.
How do I book a test?
A student with accommodations through Accessibility Resource Center who qualifies to take a test in the Testing Center must schedule a test using the Accommodate scheduling system. Information on how to use Accommodate can be found below.
Student Guide to Scheduling a Test in Accommodate
Access Accommodate Website (click here)
A student who has missed an exam due to a university-sponsored event (such as an athletic event) or due to activation for military duty should not schedule through Accommodate. These students should submit a request through the website below.
University-Sponsored Events: Submit a request to schedule a test
When is the Testing Center open?
Testing appointments are typically available Monday through Friday (when fall and spring classes are in session) beginning at 8:00 a.m. Regardless of a student's accommodations, all tests must be completed by 5 p.m. on these designated days.
During the summer months, the Testing Center operates on a limited basis. Please contact the Testing Center for summer hours.
The Testing Center is located in room B08A of the Student Success Center (Basement Level of the Brown Library). If you have questions, please direct them to the Director of the Testing Center:
Assistant Director of Academic Services