FERPA is the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act and protects students’ privacy, keeping their records confidential; more information can be found on the U.S. Department of Education's website. Granting Account Viewer Access (also known as Proxy Access) makes some of those confidential records available to the student’s designated viewers.
- Financial Award Letter
- Federal Shopping Sheet
- Financial Aid Home
- My Awards
- Required Documents
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Tax Information
- General Notifications (if a student’s account has a hold, for example)
Currently, bill-paying is still being managed through CASHNet, with a separate process for permissions. Please visit Parent/Authorized User Payment Instructions page for more information.
Students must first request that an individual be granted Account Viewer Access and select which records their viewer(s) can access. Individuals granted this access will not only be able to view their students’ selected records, they will also have their own Bellarmine accounts.
Once a viewer has been added, they should follow these steps:
- Change the temporary password included in their confirmation email
- Access their own Bellarmine account separately from their student’s
- Add their own information (address, phone, email)
- View their student’s records