next cohort begins January 2017
Analytics is a term that defies easy definition, and its use is accordingly varied. Here’s how we think about it:
Analytics is the art, science, and culture of using data and advanced quantitative methods to improve an organization’s offerings, processes, and outcomes.
Organizations will always be challenged by the need to make decisions in the face of imperfect and incomplete knowledge. Recently, however, advances in data-capture and management, the digitization of internal and client-facing processes, and other developments have created substantial quantities of raw information that have the potential to narrow this knowledge gap. In order to realize this opportunity, the modern economy requires professionals trained in the appropriate tools, techniques, professional skills, and related proficiencies required to extract actionable knowledge from raw data and communicate data-driven insights in a manner that enhances organizational thinking, learning, and decision making.
Questions? E-mail or call Graduate Admissions at 502.272.7200.
MSA at a Glance
The MSA is designed as a professional master degree program, delivered on selected evenings and weekends over a 15-month duration. It has been designed to appeal to working professionals seeking to learn the tools, techniques, analytical thinking skills, and other proficiencies required to become highly skilled, sought-after, and productive analytics practitioners.
- Degree Conferred: Master of Science in Analytics (MSA)
- Start Date: September 1, 2015
- End Date: November 28, 2016
- Program Format: Classes are generally held on Tuesdays (6-10p), Fridays (6-10p), and Saturdays (9a-5:30p), with an alternating week-on, week-off schedule. Click here to see a detailed schedule.
- Cost of Tuition: $30,000
Graduates from the MSA program will have gained:
- The technical and quantitative skills required to access and manipulate data, build computational
models of real-world processes, and create data-enabled solutions to real-world problems
- Training in a number of software tools widely used in organizations today, including SAS, R, Tableau,
- The consultative problem solving skills required to seek out and understand organizational challenges,
frame them as analytical opportunities, and successfully manage the execution of these exercises
- The communication skills required to articulately and convincingly deliver the results of analytical
exercises and related data-driven insights
- The leadership skills needed to develop an organizational culture that supports and encourages the
application of analytics in its decision making processes
- Exposure to a number of local organizations currently using, and/or seeking to use, data in order to improve its outcomes
For more information about the Master of Science in Analytics, contact Zain Khandwala, Executive Director of the Institute for Advanced Analytics at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.272.7460; or Treva Winlock, Program Coordinator for the Institute for Advanced Analytics at email@example.com or 502.272.7459