Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Bellarmine University. I am very proud of the program that has been developed here, our faculty and students, and opportunities for learning. Our students score above the national average on the licensure exam and have distinguished themselves in clinical education training at sites across the country. They are very active in providing skilled community service to a wide variety of constituent groups locally and throughout the region. The faculty has been remarkably stable and is well qualified both academically and clinically. We enjoy remarkable support from Bellarmine and local community partners. Highlights of the student experiences in physical therapy at Bellarmine University are:
- Highly engaged student service learning experiences and unique on-campus and off-campus Service Learning Clinics and other services
- International learning opportunities in Australia, Guatemala and soon, the Dominican Republic
- Dynamic student community engagement projects providing consultation and service to local and regional partners
- Active faculty-student collaborative scholarship projects with numerous presentations at state, national and international physical therapy meetings
- An active and dynamic pre-physical therapy club that is highly visible on the campus and in the community
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Bellarmine University. The faculty and staff of the program look forward to providing support as you look at your options in physical therapy education, mentoring if you choose to attend Bellarmine, and as colleagues when you move forward in your physical therapy career.
With best wishes,
Patricia Gillette, PT, PhD, GCS, CSCS
Professor and Chair
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.