One of the comments the Department of Environmental Studies often hears is: “I want to help the environment, but I don’t know how.” A great place to start is campus and community involvement. Below are a few opportunities available to you.
- As an incoming first-year student, you can join the Terra Learning Community.
- Students can also join a student organization through Engage, such as the Green Knights, the Food Recovery Network,
and the Vegan and Vegetarian Outreach clubs.
- Students can work on the Student Government Association’s Environmental Committee.
faculty, and staff can become a member of the campus-wide Sustainability Committee.
- Keep an eye out in Things to Do at BU, Bellarmine Today, and the Department Environmental Studies’ social media for community-engagement events addressing environmental
- Get involved in the greater Louisville community with organizations such as Louisville Grows, the Louisville Nature Center,
the Passionist Earth & Spirit Center, Evolve KY, the Louisville Community Grocery,
the Center for Neighborhoods, Kentucky Refugee Ministries, Beargrass Creek Alliance and Kentucky Waterways Alliance, and the list goes on.
There is no shortage of need for help
addressing environmental issues. Get involved!
About the Green Knight Blog
The Green Knight Blog is a monthly post with useful, evidence-based information on individual actions, campus sustainability efforts, and community engagement related to the environment and sustainability, curated by the faculty, staff, and students in
the Bellarmine Department of Environmental Studies. If you have a question you would like us to address or if you would like to be a guest contributor, please contact Dr. Martha Carlson Mazur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with your idea. Come back each month for new content! You can also follow our blog posts @BellarmineENVS on Facebook, Instagram,