Nervous about moving for a grad or second-degree program? No worries – whether you’ll be with us for just 12 months completing our Accelerated Second-Degree BSN program or enjoying a full three years here in our Doctor of Physical Therapy
program, Louisville has everything you need.
Not exactly southern and not exactly midwestern, Louisville is home to people of kindness, people of greatness and people of character. Our city offers all of the benefits of a contemporary city on the move, along with the gracious hospitality that
has made this region legendary. Located right on the edge of downtown Louisville in the city’s first suburb, The Highlands, Bellarmine is within walking distance of some of the city’s most popular public parks, shops, restaurants
Some helpful info:
- Bellarmine offers FREE on-campus summer housing for all enrolled graduate and second-degree students! That’s right, we want to help you get acquainted with your classmates and the city before you decide where to live.
- Louisville is really just a “big” small town. You can find housing convenient to both Bellarmine and clinical facilities. Also, traffic is much more manageable than in cities of similar size. Although we don’t have robust offerings
of public transportation, we do have a public bus system and, of course, Uber and Lyft.
- Lots of other folks are moving through Louisville too! Home to two seminaries, a medical school, and a dental school, Louisville is a hub for other young (or young-at-heart) people who don’t plan on making a permanent move. We refer our
students to Cort Furniture Rental’s nationwide relocation services for help.
- Bellarmine wants you healthy! Giving up your job for full-time study often means a major change in health insurance. Bellarmine offers a free on-campus Health Services Clinic and free E-Visits. And, we always suggest students visit the ACA exchange
for affordable health coverage while enrolled.
- Bellarmine’s graduate and second-degree programs attract students from all over the country. You won’t be alone in your new-to-Louisville experience whether it’s the first time you’ve moved away from home or whether you’ve
packed a thousand boxes over the years.
Moving to a new city can be challenging, daunting or downright scary for a whole host of reasons. But rest assured that Louisville is a great place to call home, and the people here at Bellarmine will always be ready and willing to help you
with whatever you may need.