Becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ entitles you to use the distinguished CFP® mark, setting you apart in the financial services industry.
In partnership with College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company, our Certificate in Financial Planning program enables you to satisfy CFP Board’s education requirement, which is one of four requirements necessary to sit for the CFP® exam. This program benefits both experienced professionals seeking to advance their careers and those entering the field for the first time. Taught by working professionals, our flexible and convenient learning options allow you to master the eight major domains covered on the CFP® exam.
Bellarmine University uniquely offers an all in-person program, providing you a classroom setting to help you succeed.
Why does CFP® Certification matter?
Earning the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional designation prepares you to be a more accomplished and effective advisor by providing the knowledge, credibility and expertise needed to set you apart. Here are some telling statistics on why CFP® certification matters:
- Broader Knowledge: 87% of CFP® professionals say they gained more extensive knowledge in a wide range of crucial financial planning topics including Education Planning, Risk Management, Retirement and Income Planning, and Estate Planning through their CFP® certification education; 80% believe certification has made them a better financial planner
- Credibility: 90% of CFP® professionals believe that certification gives them more credibility in the eyes of their clients
- Competitive Advantage: 81% of CFP® professionals believe they have an edge over financial planners who do not have CFP® certification
- Income Potential: CFP® professionals earn up to 80% higher median income when compared with their peers who do not have CFP® certification
- Career Satisfaction: 91% of CFP® professionals are very satisfied with their career choice; 92% are very satisfied with their decision to pursue CFP® certification
This six-course certificate program is designed for professionals in the brokerage, insurance, accounting, banking, and related industries. Courses include: General Financial Planning Principles; Investment Planning; Income Tax Planning; Retirement Planning; Estate Planning and a Capstone Case Course in Financial Planning.
Classes meet Friday night and Saturday every other weekend, September 8, 2023 - May 25, 2024.
- Wednesday, June 28 at 6 p.m. on Bellarmine Campus
- Tuesday, July 25th at 6 p.m. on Bellarmine Campus or Zoom
To RSVP, email email@example.com
Bellarmine offers this program in partnership with Kaplan Financial Education, a leading financial education provider.
*Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.