Step into Project Management with Confidence
Project management is important to all industries and professions. Organizations, teams and individuals need an effective plan to achieve their unique goals. Our course will give you the practical knowledge, tools, and confidence to succeed.
Who can benefit from this course?
- Those pursuing project management as a new career path.
- Those overseeing a project for the first time.
- Someone who is an active participant in a project team.
- Someone managing a team of project managers for the first time.
- Someone who is interested in earning the CAPM® or PMP® certification in the future, but doesn’t yet meet program prerequisites.
Learn the “how to” of project management led by an expert instructor and supported by the CertWise® Essentials of Project Management online course materials including reading assignments, case studies, templates and worksheets through this Hybrid Course.
This course, spanning 8 weeks is broken into four modules:
- Module One: Project Management: The Discipline and the Profession
- Module Two: Planning and Balancing Project Work
- Module Three: Executing, Controlling, and Closing the Project
- Module Four: Strategic Value of Projects
Course Schedule & Details
- September 23 – Access to online materials begins
- September 23 – October 14 – Complete Modules One & Two
- Wednesday, October 14 – Class Meet up via Zoom from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- October 15 - 28 – Complete Module Three
- Wednesday, October 28 – Class Meet up via Zoom from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- October 39 – November 11 – Complete Module 4
- Wednesday, November 11 – Class Meet up via Zoom from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Instructor: A.Curtis Nall, PMP, has 12 years of project management experience leading projects in engineering, business, and healthcare. He has served on the Board of Directors for the Kentuckiana chapter of PMI and remains an active member and contributor.
- Cost: $219 tuition, + $325 materials fee
- Registration Deadline: Sept. 17
While the course is not intended as certification preparation, it is aligned with PMI’s PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition and can serve as a steppingstone toward PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certifications.
PMP, CAPM, PMBOK and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.