On May 8, 2020 – in response to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic – Bellarmine University's president, Dr. Susan M. Donovan, announced a steering committee focused on repopulating the Bellarmine campus as soon as possible by creating a safe environment to learn, teach, live and work.
The university’s stated goal is to have students living and learning together on campus during the fall semester, although the committee is also developing contingency plans in case that is not fully possible, based on the guidance of Kentucky public health officials. By June 15, 2020, the steering committee will submit its recommendations to President Donovan.
With the university's priority of ensuring everyone's health and safety, the steering committee is evaluating best practices for academics, student life, student housing, campus dining, faculty and staff needs, health and wellness, campus events, facility enhancements, mental health needs and more.
The steering committee will provide regular updates on its work. If you have questions or recommendations, email Angela Rone.
Steering Committee on Contingency Planning Members:
- Dr. Sean Ryan, Senior Vice President - Co-Chair
- Dr. Nancy York, Dean, Donna and Allan Lansing School of Nursing and Clinical Sciences - Co-Chair
- Angela Rone, Director of University Initiatives - Project Manager
- Claudette Berry, Senior Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
- Olivia Atkinson, undergraduate student representative
- Denise Brown-Cornelius, Assistant Vice President for Business Affairs
- Lynn Bynum, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Jason Cissell, Assistant Vice President, Strategic & Integrated Communication
- Debbie Fox, Director of Public Safety
- Dr. Karen Golemboski, Professor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Dr. Paul Gore, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Dr. Barbara Jackson, Associate Professor of Graduate Nursing
- Molly Jett, graduate student representative
- Dr. Glenn Kosse, Vice President for Development & Alumni Relations
- Dr. Mike Marshall, Vice President for Enrollment, Marketing & Communication
- Dr. Helen-Grace Ryan, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Eric Satterly, Chief Information Officer
- Scott Wiegandt, Director of Athletics