The Bellarmine University Annsley Frazier Thornton School of Education (AFTSOE) prioritizes the use of data as part of its assessment and continuous improvement process. The data provided below represents a snapshot summary of survey reports, state data reports, and teacher candidate performance assessment data. Data are acquired from sources including the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB); Kentucky Department of Education (KDE); Educational Testing Service (ETS); and the Bellarmine University Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. We have provided links to these data to assist prospective and current students, faculty, accrediting bodies, the public, and researchers. Please contact Melissa Lankford, Data Manager of the AFTSOE at 502.272.7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org before including any of this information in reports or research.
Teacher Preparation Data
- Selectivity of candidates
- Performance of candidates on required new teacher assessments (Praxis)
- Percent of candidates who achieve full certification in Kentucky
- Results of surveys of candidates and their supervisors regarding the effectiveness of the candidate's preparation
EPSB Teacher Preparation Dashboard
EPSB State Report Card on Educator Preparation
Employment Data for AFTSOE Completers
Data in the Kentucky Teacher Preparation Feedback Report comes from the Kentucky Longitudinal Data System (KLDS). The report is divided into three sections:
- Section A compares enrollment and graduation information for all students with those students in teacher preparation programs.
- Section B provides data about time-to-employment for first-time teaching graduates with a Bachelor's degree, as well as retention rates for those graduates who were employed as certified public K-12 employees within one year of graduating.
- Section C maps districts of employment for several recent cohorts of first-time teacher preparation graduates who earned a Bachelor's degree.
Please note: Bellarmine University completers who are employed in parochial, private or schools outside the state of Kentucky are not included in this report
KY Center for Education & Workforce Statistics (KCEWS) (for job placement rates)
The AFTSOE underwent an intensive self-study in preparation for its accreditation visit by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) in October 2012. We are currently preparing for our Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)/EPSB accreditation visit, scheduled for Fall 2019.
AFTSOE is fully accredited at the national and state levels by NCATE and EPSB.
Bellarmine University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Bellarmine University Institutional Data
AFTSOE created Completer Survey Data
- AFTSOE created Employer Survey Data