- Complete the application at www.bellarmine.edu/applynow
- A current résumé (Note: Two years of successful administrative experience in a P-12 setting with full administrative certification during those 2 years is required).
- A copy of valid state issued Professional Teaching Certificate.
- A copy of Kentucky Administrative Certification.
- Successful completion of an Ed.S. degree.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale for all graduate work.
- Documentation of an approved research and sponsorship contract with a district/agency.
- Final official transcript(s) from each college or university attended should be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission and should not be marked “Issued to Student.” If any transcript(s) or undergraduate degree(s) is from an international institution, you must provide an official copy to be evaluated by the Bellarmine International Programs Office. The Office of Graduate Admission reserves the right to request a certified copy of the original transcript(s).
- Email addresses for two people who will serve as references. Recommendations should be from individuals who are former professors or who have supervised the applicant in a school setting. One recommendation must come from the applicant’s current immediate supervisor. All recommendations must be related to the professional environment.
- Responses to the four essay questions below.
- Teachers are leaders; a school principal is a leader of leaders. As you look at your leadership experiences in your administrative experiences or role, how would you describe how these experiences are foundational in preparing you for the role of a school superintendent?
- Select one book that you have read on the topic of leadership. Identify the title and author and explain how you think the author’s message relates to P-12 school district leadership.
- There are many challenges facing today’s school leaders. In Kentucky the challenge of meeting Annual Measurable Outcomes (AMO) through the impact of the district leader on student achievement is critical and challenging. Describe how you will use your knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment to accomplish student achievement and expected district learning outcomes?
- A school principal and/or district administrator assumes many roles in a school and/or district: learner, leader, mentor, supervisor, manager, politician, and advocate are but a few. From these seven roles, choose the three that you think are most important and provide evidence of how you have successfully served in these three roles.
- The Educational Autobiography.
- A collaborative interview between the applicant, a School of Education representative and appropriate school district personnel will be arranged. A successful interview is required for an admission decision.
Using standard margins, double spacing, and 12-point font, complete an educational autobiography and personal goal statement. Include your own educational background; work experiences; a discussion of your strengths and weaknesses; factors leading to your decision to pursue certification as a school principal; your academic, intellectual, and professional objectives; and your commitment to your professional development at Bellarmine University. This document is an important part of the application review process. You should take great care to produce a thoughtfully planned and well-written statement. Your work should be limited to 1000 words.
Please complete the items under Procedure for
Admission and submit the following:
Language Proficiency. All students are expected to have appropriate English-language proficiency to be admitted to the university. The language proficiency is required to ensure students are adequately prepared and well positioned to succeed.
Financial Affidavit. All applicants must provide credible evidence (e.g. a bank statement, letter on bank stationary attesting to the availability of funds, etc.) of the ability to fund the cost of attending Bellarmine University for one academic year. If funds are provided by another person on behalf of the student, an affidavit must accompany the financial information.
Proof of Passport. Scan of passport ID page must show validity for 6 months post completion of the program.