ISF attempts to increase Muslim representation in media in order to correct negative portrayals in news and journalism. The way news is produced and written has an indisputable effect on public opinion. The following media related majors qualify for the ISF scholarship: Media Studies, Writing, Journalism(Print & Digital).
ISF recognizes the power policy making holds in combatting bias and aims to increase the number of Muslim policy makers, lobbyists, nonprofit leaders and activists. The following policy related majors qualify for the ISF scholarship: International Relations/Affairs, Political Science, Public Policy, Social Justice/Civil Rights, Public Administration and Sociology.
ISF supports Muslim film makers in their work to create artistic, engaging and positive stories about American Muslims. Mass media, and especially creative works, has an undoubtedly powerful influence on society’s perceptions. The following film related majors qualify for the ISF scholarship: Acting, Film & Television Production, Theater.
- Muslim or active member of the Muslim community;
- Enrollment at an accredited university in the U.S. by the Fall semester;
- Majoring in an ISF supported major;
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average;
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the United States or a DACA recipient.;
- An undergraduate (junior/senior) or of graduate standing (includes PhD) by August 2020.
AWARD AMOUNTS: $3,000 - $10,000
APPLICATION: There is more information on eligibility and an application to fill out for the scholarship at the following website: https://programs.islamicscholarshipfund.org/scholarship/program/