Sports Administration focuses on increasing your understanding and application of the fundamental skills required for sports administration. The major is consistent with the University’s mission to “foster a thoughtful, informed consideration of serious ideas, values and issues – time honored and contemporary – across a broad range of compelling concerns”. The major enables students to explore the area of sports administration through the lens of subjects grounded in the liberal arts as well as professional studies.
The Sports Administration curriculum will allow you to develop a degree program that fits your interests. You have 39 flexible credit hours of free electives (13 classes) to tailor your degree through double majors and minors, including:
- Sports Administration with a Business focus
- Sports Administration with a Marketing Communication focus
- Sports Administration with a Exercise Science focus
- Law School Preparation: Sports Administration with a Political Science or History double major
- Coaching Preparation: Sports Administration with a double major or minor in Psychology
You also have the option to earn your bachelor's degree and master's degree at the same time with one of several 5-year programs: combine Sports Administration with an MBA, M.A. in Communication, M.S. in Digital Media, or M.S. in Athletic Training. This program also fulfills all the prerequisites for Bellarmine's Doctor of Physical Therapy program.