Follow these simple steps to apply to Bellarmine University as a new F-1 visa student:
Apply to Bellarmine by filling out the online application
Submit your marks and certificates to a third party evaluation company for conversion to the U.S. grading system. Bellarmine recommends using one of these reputable credit evaluation companies: www.wes.org and www.ece.org.
Collect and supply the following:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS test scores (unless you have been educated in an exempt country, educated in the U.S. for at least one year, or graduated from a recognized English language program)
- One letter of recommendation from a former professor or employer
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- A financial statement equal to or exceeding the costs for one year of attendance. (This amount will include cost of living and travel, among other items, and will be provided to you by Admissions).
- If the funds are not yours, you must submit a sponsor affidavit attesting to the fact that they will support your education. This form will be provided to you by Admissions.
Receive the I-20 from Bellarmine's International Support. Check it for accuracy.
Apply for your F-1 visa from your nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. When applying for an F-1 visa, there are a number of items you will have to complete. Please read our instructions for visa applications.
Check with the local U.S. Embassy/Consulate for interview costs (separate from the SEVIS fee) and how long you will need to wait to have the appointment. Make sure your current passport is valid for at least 6 months after your interview.
Do not make travel plans before you have your visa. Remember that International Orientation at Bellarmine is mandatory and you will need to arrive in time to participate.
Consult our guide to traveling to the U.S. Once your have your visa, keep all your documents with you and have them available for inspection at the U.S. airport or border. Do not store them in checked luggage. Notify International Support about your travel plans and arrival date.
Arrive at Bellarmine and attend International Orientation where the rest of your questions will be answered.
Check-in with International Support for your SEVIS Registration and receive a new I-20. We must do this within the first few days of your arrival, or we will have to cancel your I-20.