The Department of Nursing, consistent with an inclusive Catholic university, prepares nurse leaders with a global perspective, capable of improving practice through sound nursing judgment and clinical scholarship. Students are educated—mind, body, and spirit—for meaningful lives, rewarding nursing careers, ethical leadership, and service to improve the human condition. Accepted 08/16/2019
The Department of Nursing is recognized as a diverse and innovative learning community seeking and offering collaborative, creative opportunities to advance health knowledge, engaging in partnerships and alliances to promote health, and developing leaders in health care through transformative student experiences. Accepted 08/16/2019
- Academic Excellence: We are committed to providing a scholarly and creative environment grounded in the Catholic liberal arts tradition.
- Intrinsic Dignity: We respect the intrinsic value and dignity of every individual.
- Social Responsibility: We cultivate professional nurses who contribute to, and advocate for, the public good, environmental sustainability, global understanding, and informed civic engagement.
- Integrity: We believe that personal and professional integrity guides the practice of nursing and health sciences.
- Hospitality/Student Centered Learning: We are committed to education that is student centered, inclusive, and responsive to diverse learners.
- Quality Service: We are committed to exercising thoughtful stewardship of resources while providing quality services that support a diverse constituency.
- Caring: We believe that caring is an essential component of the art and science of all healthcare practitioners.