Veteran and Military Benefits & Tuition

Semester Enrollment Form

Please fill out a semester enrollment form for each semester that you wish to use your benefits. If we do not receive this form, we will not enroll you in your benefits. This is for the protection of your benefits.


Chapter 33/Post-9/11 GI Bill®

  • Bellarmine is now a participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Bellarmine will match your remaining tuition balance with the VA after the national cap. We accept an unlimited number of Yellow Ribbon students. This scholarship includes all programs except the Doctorate of Physical Therapy and the Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program.
  • For more information on Chapter 33/Post-9/11 GI Bill® see our GI Bill Reference Guide
  • Beginning December 2021, Post-9/11 GI Bill® students will need to verify their enrollment monthly with the VA. Check out our Verification Instructions for more information.


Chapter 35 Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance


Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve


Active Duty/National Guard/Reserves

  • We offer a special discount of $250 a credit hour to Active Duty, National Guard, and Select Reserve service members. TA is NOT required. You only need to be in good standing with the military and provide a current military ID to receive this benefit. This benefit includes all programs except Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Accelerated Nursing, DNP Nurse Anesthesia, Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) and Executive MBA. To apply for this program, please contact the Office of Military & Veteran Services.
  • To receive TA, you must apply through the state or DoD with your Education Officer.


How to Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance

  • Each military branch has its own TA application form and procedures. To find out how to get started, visit your local installation education center, go online to a virtual education center or click on the following links for each service branch:
  • Prior to your course enrollment, you may be required to develop an education plan or complete TA orientation. Be sure to keep the following important information in mind when you apply:
    • Military tuition assistance may only be used to pursue degree programs at colleges and universities in the United States that are regionally or nationally accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S Department of Education. A quick way to check the accreditation of a school is by visiting the Department of Education website.
    • Your service’s education center must approve your military tuition assistance before you enroll in a course.
    • Students should first request and receive TA approval before making a financial commitment to Bellarmine University.
    • Please visit your respective Military Service’s educational portal for additional information.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.