Our career development philosophy is grounded in the value of a liberal arts education and complimented by the Bellarmine Internship Guarantee, which emphasizes the importance of career planning and gaining professional experience. Ultimately, our mission is to support your student to explore and pursue their pathway to meaningful work.
We know that you are likely the first career advisor your student will seek out. We hope you will encourage them to connect with the career programs and resources available on campus. Feel free to share the following resources for these common career questions:
If they are not sure what MAJOR or CAREER PATH to pursue, suggest BU199 - Major and Career Pathways.
- BU199 is a 1-credit, 7-week course that provides a deep dive into self-discovery, major and career research, and decision-making. Students leave this course much more confident in their academic and career plans.
If they are looking for a PART-TIME JOB on or near campus, tell them about Handshake.
- Handshake is Bellarmine’s job board and all students can log in with their One.Bellarmine username and password. Hundreds of part-time jobs, internships, and full-time jobs are posted on this site.
If they want to do an INTERNSHIP but don’t know where to start, suggest BU299 – Internship Preparation and Success.
- BU299 is a 1-credit, 7-week course that helps students develop a résumé and cover letter, practice interviewing skills, discover awesome internship opportunities, and understand professional expectations in the workplace.
- BU299 is also a pre-requisite to receive the Summer Internship Scholarship where students can complete a 3-credit internship during the summer for just $400.
If they want to CONNECT WITH A PROFESSIONAL in their field of interest, tell them about the Alumni Mentor Program
- Every spring, over 200 students are paired with a Bellarmine alum in their career field of interest to learn about the field, participate in job shadowing, and get personalized career advice. The Alumni Mentor Program is open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Applications open every January, with programming and events that take place throughout the spring semester.
We also offer career advising Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Your student can make an appointment through Handshake or come to Drop-In Advising Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. (no appointment necessary).
We look forward to working with your student and helping #KnightsGetHired!