Hosted out of the Dean of Students Office, the Student Emergency Fund is available to support the persistence of our students to graduation. Student Emergency Funds provide one-time micro-grants to students experiencing an unanticipated financial need.
Students are welcome to apply for one Student Emergency Fund request in a given academic year. Students must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate classes at the time of the request. Priority will be granted to students who may be at risk of stopping out of Bellarmine due to unexpected expenses. The number of students who can be served by the Student Emergency Fund is subject to the availability of funds.
Applicants should be prepared to show financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unplanned event. Applicants must complete all application questions and submit supporting documentation if requested.
Examples of Qualifying Events (generally covered but not limited to):
- Medications and other costs related to medical care
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Safety needs (i.e. changing lock)
- Assistance with the replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, natural disaster, or domestic violence situation
- Assistance with rent, utilities, food and other essential household expenses
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family
Expenses generally not covered by funds:
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, study abroad costs
- Non-essential utilities
- Parking tickets or other fines
- Entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel
- Expenses that could be anticipated
Students will submit a request for funding in the amount of $50-$400 by submitting the form below.
Upon receipt of a request for funds, the Financial Aid Office representative would be the first to review the request, ensuring that receipt of the funds would not jeopardize a student’s financial aid status. Members of the committee would then review the request to establish that the need meets a qualifying circumstance. Review of the request will take place within 48 business hours of the request.
If accepted, the student will meet with a representative from the Dean of Students Office to receive the funding and discuss additional options for support and resources.
**Information regarding student applicants will remain private to members of the review committee.**
The fund is made possible through the generous support of the Bellarmine’s Women’s Council.