Professor of Accounting
Department of Accounting
Office: Horrigan Hall 012-D
Degrees and Schools
- 1993 - Ph.D., Georgia State University
- Major: Accounting Minor: Decision Support Systems
- Dissertation: "An Empirical Investigation into Geographic Segment Disclosure and Its Association with Systematic Risk (Beta)"
- 1981 - Master of Accounting, University of South Florida
- 1980 - Bachelor of Arts (Accounting), University of South Florida
Research and Teaching Areas
- Instructional cases in accounting and finance
- Information technology impact on business and society
- Financial statement analysis
- Quantitative management and strategy
Prior Academic Positions
- 1990 – 1994 - Assistant Professor of Accounting, Department of Accounting, College of Business, Eastern Kentucky University
Professional Experience, Leadership & Service
- 2003 – Present - Bellarmine Representative, Louisville Chapter, Financial Executives International
- 2002 – Present - Reviewer: American Accounting Association Annual Meeting
- 2003 – 2006 - City Council and Treasurer, City of Strathmoor Manor
- 1982 – 1986 - Partner, Anderson and Collins CPAs
- 2012 - Napoli Pizza Wants to Determine its Optimal Capital Structure, with Brad Stevenson, Dan Bauer, and Keith Richardson, Journal of Business Cases and Applications, Forthcoming.
- 2011 - Jill Pelabur Learns How to Develop Her Own Estimate of a Company’s Stock Value, with Dan Bauer and Keith Richardson, Journal of Business Cases and Applications, (Vol. 3) pp. 80 – 91.
- 2010 - The Cupboard is Bare, with Curtis A. Richards and John T. Byrd, Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies (Vol. 16, No. 7) pp. 85 – 90.