Please note it is important to file your appeal within 5 business days. Remember, when you registered your vehicle you agreed to abide by all the policy and procedures regarding parking on campus. The appeal process is not a process to file parking complaints. Students’ general parking complaints may be directed to SGA.
General Guidelines for Appeals
Failure to follow the procedures for appeal will result in the assessment of appropriate fines and a forfeit of the right to appeal. This includes, but is not limited to falsifying information on the Appeals Form.
- The following may be grounds for which an appeal is considered:
- Substantial and valid evidence that the alleged parking violation was not committed
- Appellant can verify that he or she was misinformed by parking services personnel
- Verifiable officer error
- The following reasons not considered valid for an appeal include but are not limited to the following*:
- Lack of knowledge of regulations such as new to the college or have not reviewed the regulations
- Tardiness due to class or appointment
- Disagreement with or inability to pay the amount of fine
- Violation was of short duration
- The lot in which the violation occurred was not full
- Incomplete documentation that college personnel misinformed driver
- Lack of convenient parking spaces
- Not seeing or reading the posted lot signs or line markings
- Lost the citation
- Other vehicles were parked improperly
- Inability to find a legally marked parking space.
- Someone else parked your car in the wrong lot or space
Appeals are heard twice a month with the SGA Traffic and Safety Committee. Individuals may choose to attend the meeting; however, it is not necessary for the completion of the appeals process. Individuals filing an appeal will be notified of the Traffic and Safety Committee’s meeting date by e-mail after filing the Appeals Form.
Individuals filing an appeal will receive the committee’s decision by e-mail following the committee meeting.
*Remember - The issue in your appeal is not whether the parking regulations are fair, but whether you violated those regulations.
Dates for Traffic Court for the 2016-17 Academic Year:
Traffic Court will be held in the Women’s Council Room from 11-12 on the following dates for the 2016-2017 Academic School Year:
- September 8, 2016
- September 22, 2016
- October 6, 2016
- October 20, 2016
- November 3, 2016
- November 17, 2016
- December 1, 2016
- January 12, 2017
- January 26, 2017
- February 9, 2017
- February 23, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- March 23, 2017
- April 6, 2017
- April 20, 2017
- May 4, 2017