Vaccine preventable diseases remain present on American college campuses. In an effort to provide the safest possible environment for Bellarmine University students, the Bellarmine University Health Services Office requires the following pre‐matriculation immunization requirements for students living on campus in addition to a completed Health History Form. These requirements are based on recommendations from the American College Health Association and the Center for Disease Control.
Please note that some Bellarmine University programs, such as Nursing and Physical Therapy, have their own requirements. Commuter students are not required to provide proof of immunization, but current immunization is strongly encouraged for all students.
- Two immunizations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Two immunizations for polio
- One immunization for tdap, tetanus with diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough) within the last 10 years
- Tuberculosis screening after April 1 of year entering residence halls
The following immunizations are strongly recommended, but not required.
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus
Acceptable Proof of Immunity
- Officially stamped vaccination certificate from pediatrician or health department
- Bellarmine University Health History Form completed and signed by a physician
- High school or prior college immunization records
- Lab report proving immunity (titer)
Records must be legible and in English. Many immunizations are available in the Bellarmine University Health Services office; call 502-272-8313 for prices and appointments.