Study Abroad and International Programs is a part of the Academic Enrichment Office of the Student Success Center and we support students and faculty as they engage in international and intercultural academic experiences. Bellarmine University offers a variety of international experiences both on-campus and abroad that are catered towards individual student needs.
Due to the evolving situation with the coronavirus, travel is not currently permitted but it is not too early to start exploring international options for the 2021-2022 school year and beyond.
Are you a current student interested in study abroad? Please complete this interest form and a study abroad advisor will reach out to you with the next steps to start your journey!
Hoping to engage internationally from home? Complete this interest form to learn more about our virtual international opportunities (funding may be available to help cover costs).
All other student inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exchange and Study Abroad Partners and Bellarmine Faculty and Staff
If you are a Bellarmine faculty or staff member planning international work-related travel, interested in international funding or learning more about opportunities for teaching abroad with Bellarmine please email Mary Grandinetti, Director of Study Abroad and International Learning.
If you are a staff or faculty member from one of our partner institutions or organizations, please email Mary Grandinetti, Director of Study Abroad and International Learning, with any questions or inquires.
Note: we are currently updating our website and will be providing more information soon. In the meantime, please connect with our office if you have any questions.
Important Study Abroad and International Programs Policies and Procedures
- Bellarmine University does not currently fund, facilitate, recognize, or grant credit to students travelling/studying internationally in areas under a U.S. Department of State Travel Advisory of Level 3 or 4, a Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Warning Level 3 or a CDC COVID-19 Risk Assessment Level 3 or 4.
- Bellarmine University reserves the right to cancel a study abroad program or retract approval for participation in a study abroad program due to travel warnings or advisories in advance of the anticipated travel.
- Students must meet with the Study Abroad and International Programs staff to complete the study abroad advisory process before studying abroad. If a student elects to study abroad without completing the study abroad advisory process Bellarmine may not accept their transfer credit. If a student elects to study abroad via a non-approved program after completing the study abroad advisory process, they will be required to take a leave of absence from Bellarmine.
- Students may not study abroad during the semester immediately preceding their graduation and must complete one semester at Bellarmine before they are eligible to study abroad on traditional short term or long term programs.
• Credit earned while studying abroad will not count towards a Bellarmine GPA.
- Credits earned during a study abroad experience could take up to six months from the date of completion to be transferred onto a Bellarmine student’s transcript. Bellarmine students who elect to study abroad accept that they may experience delays in receiving their transfer credits. Transfer credit is contingent on students completing the pre-approval documentation provided by the Study Abroad and International Programs Office.