Bellarmine University Health Services is pleased to offer the American Heart Association online BLS Health Care Provider CPR course check off to Norton employees at a considerable discount. There is no longer a re-certification; everyone simply takes the course again every two years.
Please note that the online course has changed to include interactive video in addition to the check-off. This takes longer than the check-off we provided in the past. We offer check-off courses once a month, in a classroom setting. Because of these changes, many people now find the traditional courses to be more convenient and less time consuming. Traditional courses are the most popular option because all requirements (testing, and the issuing of your card) are completed in one sitting without the need for pre-class preparation. Learn dates, times, locations and details on our Traditional Courses page.
Instructions and Requirements
- Contact your health educator to get your key for the online course or visit www.onlineaha.org to purchase a key. You will need the Heartcode BLS key.
- After you complete the online part of the course and pass the exam, please schedule the clinical check-off with our staff. The dates and times are below. After the check-off you will be issued an electronic card that will be sent to the email address of your choice. The check-off takes approximately two hours. You MUST bring your print out from the online course stating you have completed it or we will not be able to issue your card.
- Please contact Alice Kimble via email (contact information below) to schedule your check-off. The cost for the check off is $10.
- Please do not assume you will get into the spot you want or need, or just show up. Make sure you schedule your check-off in advance.
- DIRECTIONS: The check-off will be at Bellarmine University. Please leave with plenty of time to find parking if you come when classes are in session. Please report early to Newman Hall where you will be guided to the classroom. There is parking available near the clinic in a lot next to Newman Hall. From the Newburg Road entrance to Bellarmine University: Go up Bellarmine Blvd; at the roundabout at the top of the hill, follow the road on the right, in front of Centro; turn right onto Merton Lane at the 4-way stop; turn into the second parking area on the right (look for a sign that says Environmental Studies and Health Services). There are two spots that say “Health Services Patient Parking Only” you may use. If they are not available, park wherever you find a spot. There are signs directing you, but if you have problems finding it please call the front desk at 502.272.8313.
CPR 2018 Online Course Check Off Schedule
Below are the available check-off dates for Health Care Provider online CPR courses at Bellarmine University through May 2020. Check-off requirements have changed and now require about two hours. Cards are now eCards and will usually be sent immediately after the class. All dates and times are subject to change.
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 / 10AM – 12NN Location: Newman Hall, room 121
Thursday, February 27, 2020 / 10 AM – 12NN / Location: Newman Hall, room 121
Friday, March 27, 2020 / 10 AM – 12NN / Location: Newman Hall, room 121
Thursday, April 30, 2020 / 10 AM – 12NN / Location: Newman Hall, room 121
- Thursday, May 28, 2020 / 10 AM – 12NN / Location: Newman Hall, room 121
- Come into the Health Services Office in Newman Hall to purchase your key in time to complete the online portion before your check off. (If you cannot come to campus to purchase a key, you can purchase it online at: www.onlineaha.org.)
- Be able to come to one of the above check-off times.
- Bring your print out from the online course stating you passed, or we cannot issue your card.
Alice Kimble, RN. MS, PhD
Director, Health Services
2001 Newburg Road
Louisville, Ky. 40205