Housing Selection for Commuter Students
For current commuter students who are interested in moving on campus for Fall 2020, our room selection process begins in January. Students will not be required to pay a room deposit for Fall 2020 reservations.
- January 21 - February 2: All students MUST begin their housing application in PortalX.* This includes selecting their roommate(s).
- March 23 - April 5: Open Room Selection (commuter students who are not in a roommate group with any current residents).
Students who do not begin their housing application by February 2 may experience delays in the room selection process.
* PortalX is our new housing application for the 2020-2021 academic year. We’ll have instructions available in January for how to use the new application.
This year, commuter students have two options for roommate selection for Fall 2020:
- You can select someone who currently lives on campus, and you will participate in Open Room Selection based on their time slot.
- You can select another commuter student, and you will participate in Open Room Selection for Commuter Students, which begins March 23.
Moving Off Campus
Current residents who are interested in moving off campus and becoming commuter students should read our Residential Living Policy to determine if they are eligible and to obtain the appropriate application forms.
The deadline to submit a housing exception for Fall 2020 is January 26.
Commuter Services at Bellarmine
More information about the services and resources available for our commuter students is available at the Commuter Center.