The Bellarmine University Health Services Department seeks to enhance the educational experience by providing quality treatment, programming, and education aimed at maintaining physical health and wellbeing and empowering students to make self-directed, informed decisions about their personal health and wellness, and thus become informed consumers of health care.
The Health Services Clinic
Is now located in Newman Hall, bottom floor. Service is provided by a registered nurse who also has a Masters degree in Exercise Physiology and a PhD. The focus of the Health Services Clinic is on health promotion, disease prevention and holistic health. Bellarmine staff, faculty, and students, both residents and commuters, may use any of the services offered.
Now available for students: Nurse Practitioners(NPs), are available during select times with the capability of running many tests and to write prescriptions when appropriate. Wellness programs are offered during the academic year and may fulfill some of the EDGE Co-Curricular requirements.
Use of the Health Services Clinic is completely voluntary. Bellarmine University follows HIPPA regulations. All health records are confidential and, except in cases specified by law, may not be disclosed except when authorized by the student.
- Physical assessment, including blood pressure, temperature, cholersterol, blood sugar, body fat, strep tests, etc.
- Referral to physicians and clinics for medical treatment if desired or necessary.
- Over the counter medication, if requested. The NPs can write prescriptions as needed (the cost of these medicines is the responsibility of the patient).
- Wellness, diet, exercise, health information and counseling.
- Allergy antigen injections (specific physician orders are required, please contact the Director of Health Services in advance for complete details)
- Vaccines including: Hep B, Tetanus, HPV, MMR (Measles/mumps/rubella), meningitis & flu (fall semester only; pricing available on request)
- Emergency response on campus.
- Please call the office if you need a service not listed (on campus dial X-8493, off campus dial 502-272-8493).
- The Nurse Practitioners can write prescriptions when appropriate.
- Some lab procedures can be ordered by NPs at the expense of the patient.
Students with mobility issues
Please contact the Health Services Office if you have mobility issues and require our services.
Items that can be checked out include:
- Wheel chair
Services offered are free or require a nominal fee only.
Nearby medical facilities
Norton Healthcare Immediate Care Center
2450 Bardstown Road (Located next to the Highlands Kroger on Bardstown Road).
502.459.3991, all week: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Will file insurance but they are EXPENSIVE. No insurance, $79 to $200 depending on service rendered.
Kroger, The Little Clinic
2440 Bardstown Rd. 502.632.0984
Hours: Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.;
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Dr. John F. Sullivan
7440 Jefferson Blvd (by Jefferson Mall)
Louisville, KY 40219
Norton Audubon Hospital (closest to campus)
1 Audubon Plaza Dr, Louisville, KY 40217
2440 Bardstown Road
2410 Bardstown Road
Dr. Dennis Price
2811 Bardstown Rd.
Dental Works; Dr. Ryan & Assoc.
1815 Bardstown Rd.
Family Dentistry; Dr. Jennifer Beavin
1976 Douglas Blvd.
Louisville, KY 40205